School uniform plays a key role in promoting pride, self-confidence, and a feeling of belonging for our pupils. These factors contribute to student’s well-being, removing additional pressures of deciding what to wear and the added stress of meeting expectations of their peers.
At Whiston Worrygoose pupils are able to wear uniform items with, or without, the school logo. The uniform has been updated with our most recent logo. Uniform can be purchased form the Rotherham retailers; Johnny D Schoolwear and Pinders Schoolwear. However, the appropriate coloured items can be purchased from most main supermarkets and we also have a range of second hand uniform available at school. Please contact the school office if you are interested in acquiring some. School book bags can also be purchased from the above retailers.
The suggested school uniform is as follows:
- Polo shirt (either burgundy or white – with or without school logo)
- Burgundy sweatshirt/jumper/cardigan (with or without school logo)
- Grey or black trousers/shorts/skirt/dress (including optional checked summer dress)
- Sensible and smart outdoor shoes (open-toed shoes/sandals are not suitable for outdoor play)
- Indoor pumps (Years 1-6 only)
- School book bag
Nb - Jewellery should be limited to a pair of small stud earrings.
- A white t-shirt or polo shirt (with or without school logo)
- Black Shorts
- In winter months children will require jogging bottoms/tracksuit and trainers.
- Children will be loaned kit for sporting fixtures or competitive sports.